Latest School Calendar Events
- TEMPEST Photography19Nov2019
- Rags to Riches 4 Schools - Collection - PTA21Nov2019
- Non-Uniform Day - Chocolate Donation to PTA22Nov2019
- Three Kings Parade22Nov2019
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Deadline to book Xmas Lunch28Nov2019
- Written by Owen N
- Ash and Maple Class
- Pine Class
- The children from Oak, Palm and Chestnut Class captivated audiences on two nights this week
- Thank you to the Friends of St Bartholomew's
Each school in the state system has a Governing Body. The Governing Body at St Bartholomew's plays a key role in helping oversee the strategic direction of the school and works in partnership with the Head teacher and her Senior Leadership Team. The main aim of a Governing Body is to ensure the delivery of a high standard of education for all the pupils in its care. 'Our' governors have an excellent knowledge of the school before and after school. As members of the local community they are ambitious for all the children within the school and take their responsibility for the strategic direction of the school very seriously.
What do the governors do?
The governing body has 3 main roles:
- To provide a strategic view of where the school is heading. This is achieved by approving plans and policies written by the Head, and discussing how best to use resources.
- To act as a critical friend and to challenge the school leadership
- To ensure that the school is accountable to the children and parents it serves, to its local community and to the staff it employs.
The governing body meets in full once each term. The members are shared between five sub committees, these are Achievements and Standards, Finance, Premises, Staffing and Pastoral; these committees also meet once each term. Governors also work with the head teacher to write draft policy documents and analyse statistics from national test results.
The governing body will seek the views of staff, parents and children on certain issues e.g. school meal provision, through the use of questionnaires. These views are valued and help the governors to formulate plans for the future of the school.
To keep their knowledge and skills up to scratch governors attend at least 2 to 3 training sessions each year. These take place in the evening or at the weekend.
What do the governors not do?
The Head is responsible for the internal organisation, management and control of the school.
If you would like to find out more about governors and their duties please look at the government website http://www.direct.gov.uk
Chair of Governors - Mrs Suzie Powell
Vice Chair of Governors - Mr Peter Evans
The Chair and Vice Chair of Governors can be contacted via the school office on 01299 823454 or by emailing email@example.com
St. Bartholomew's C of E VC Primary School
Instrument of Government:
Safeguarding - Suzy Powell
SEND - Rev. Mark Turner
Health and Safety - David Knott
Early Years - Sue Matthews
Declarations of Interest
Governor Meeting Attendance
Our governors take their responsibilities very seriously and governor training is a priority. All governor training is logged on the SAET Governor Hub.
SAET Governor Documentation
Please click on the links below to view relevant SAET Governor information