Latest School Calendar, Sports Calendar, Eco Events
- Y3/4 Quicksticks Hockey14Nov2018
10:00 am - 12:00 pm @ Stourport High School
- Power of one show, Anti-Bullying Production14Nov2018
- KS2 Cross Country16Nov2018
9:00 am - 12:00 pm @ St Annes
- KS2 Cross Country16Nov2018
9:45 am - 12:00 pm @ St Anne's Primary School
- School Photographer21Nov2018
St Bartholomew's CofE Vc Primary School News
- The children have created 7 magnificent friezes reflecting their interpretation of the Biblical version of 'The Creation.'
- Design competition for remembrance
- Creative arts and crafts session
- School is closed from Monday 29th October and reopens Monday 5th November. Hope you all have a lovely half term!
- Opportunity for parents wishing to apply for a place for their child September 2019
At St Bartholomew's CE Primary School we have made a decision to use the majority of our Sports Premium funding to release our PE specialist. This ensures children from across the school have the opportunity to attend as many sports festivals or tournaments arranged within the Wyre Forest Sports Partnership. In addition our subject leader for Physical Education monitors PE lessons and also supports colleagues with the delivery of our revised PE curriculum. Along with other colleagues this specialist has introduced Jumping Jax and the 'Run a Mile initiative.
Impact of the Sports Premium
- Staff are supported to improve the quality of their teaching in PE;
- The confidence of staff to deliver quality PE lessons has been increased;
- Increased child participation and enjoyment in sport due to increased skill levels and game practice;
- Increased participation in inter school festivals and tournaments;
- Increased success in competitions at a local level.
Sports Partnership Access
- All lunch time supervisors have attended courses to ensure they encourage physical activity at break times;
- Children in year 4 and 5 are trained as Jumping Jax and are able to lead activities at lunch time;
- Staff have attended CPD within the Wyre Forest Schools Partnership to ensure they can improve their skills in identified areas of physical education;
- Our pupils have a wider access to a variety of competitions and festivals aimed at inclusion as well as performance;
- All staff have attended training on co-operative games which have been introduced into lessons to support the schools ethos.
- Physical activity is higher on the agenda then prior to the introduction of the Sports Premium and has a high profile within the school;
- A P.E. noticeboard and website page has been established to provide information on events and clubs;
- Each week children report on their personal successes in sports clubs they attend out of school and this ensures a variety of sports are 'advertised' to the whole school population;
- There is a breadth of provision both within the main school curriculum and at after school clubs for example bell-boating, orienteering, tag-rugby, golf, cricket, football, hockey, Kho kho, multi-skills etc.
- Healthy Activity Week every year involves local sports men and women who inspire the children and maintain interest in a variety of sports.
Sports Premium Funding 2018-19
Severn Academies Educational Trust web address www.saet.co.uk